Custom Search

Apr 5, 2013

Track Meet!


  • How far do you run in different sports?
    Many NBA teams have started using a system called SportVU, a specialized motion tracking system that enabling teams to get far more detailed stats about their players. In the 2012 season, the player that ran the farthest per game was Luol Deng of the Chicago Bulls, who averaged 2.72 miles per game.
    — Brent Rose, Gizmodo.
    This is pretty fascinating to me as an avid runner. I always wondered how much you run in various sports. I like to shoot hoops by myself for the most part, and chase rebounds from all my misses. It seems to really help my running and coniditoning too. So when they refer to a game as a "track meet" between teams in the NBA - you know it. 2.72 miles per game of mostly sprinting? That is impressive.
    I would not want to face Mike Conley, Jr.; Tony Allen; Jerryd Bayless, and Tony Wroten in a foot race. They would smoke me I"m sure! Now a half-marathon? Maybe I'd have a chance if they didn't prepare for it at all! Persistence hunting! Yo! I ain't never going bear hunting though. I love them too much. Check this track meet:
    Jay Williams, Duke and NBA player, represents well for a guy in retirement from his sport.
    Grizzlies. Almost at the second season. Let's get a little win streak going through tonight at Staples and push those Lakers out of the 8th spot.
    Go Grizz!


  • No comments: