Your 4 weeks of NBA Grizzlies:
- Grizz at top of SW division
- Gasol, OJ, Rudy, and Conley playing extremely well for their fourth year together.
- Marc Gasol having Allstar season
- Defeated the #1 team at the time, Chicago Bulls. Lost to the #1 team in the West, OKC Thunder by point margins of 3 and 5.
- Haddadi is back. The rest of the newcomers are getting it.
- The defense is winning!
Average stats after 232 gamesPower-forward remains a vital figure along with center. Luckily the Marreese Speights is fitting in nicely. Small-forward is most vital position by these metrics. Now that makes me feel comfortable Rudy Gay is maxed. Just behind PF is the Shooting Guard position. Not surprisingly the 2 and 3 positions take the majority of shots so they will score more. However, this shows their contribution to not just scoring, but winning.
UPDATE!!!!: MARC GASOL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - NBA.com
- Jan. 16 vs. Chicago: Posted 19 points, 10 rebounds, three assists and two blocks in a 102-86 win over the Bulls.
- Jan. 18 @ New Orleans: Tallied 22 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists in a 93-87 victory over the Hornets.
- Jan. 21 vs. Sacramento: Scored 20 points and added 11 rebounds, six blocks and five assists as the Grizzlies upended the Kings 128-95.
Congrats to Gasol! ZBO had many of these last season. He's filling those shoes!