Custom Search

Jun 28, 2010

Draft Day Rebound


Grizzlies selected the original guy I already blogged about for 12th pick so I don't need to go over Xavier Henry. Of course I liked that pick. Let's talk about our 28th pick now. They really knocked it out here. Our highest need was a backup point guard and we reached a little for a guy that was destined for 2nd round.





Greivis Vasquez is from Venezuela. Every year the Miss Universe winner is from that country. Here is one talking about stuff:




Vasquez I've watched beat Georgia Tech multiple times over the last years. Maryland was a favorite over Duke most of this year and yet Duke rallied to become the NCAA champs. So this guy is something special. He's seems to have the intangibles that our team needs.



As a rookie he comes into the league practically as a veteran. He could be the only guy on our team with a college degree. This is great. There are players you love to hate (Kobe Bryant!) but when they come on your team it's fantastico! Vasquez I hated in college because he torched my team so many times. We'll be looking forward to see what he can do at this next stage for us.

4 comments:

J-Bo said...

I Van, a lot of things to say...

First of all I'm really excited whit the Henry and Vasquez' picks... both are huge offensive players to me... It will be very enjoyable to watch the grizzlies on my computer (thanks ILP)...

But I'm not happy at all with selling the 25th... Portland, OKC, all this playoffs teams are drafting all their picks, three, even four picks...

and I'm really dissapointed when I call this team, a 'pseudo' or a 'cheap' organization.... when they pass on prospects like Whiteside or Ebanks, better players to me than Haddadi or Carroll... but I keep loving them at the end of the day...

Last good pick for Lakers? Ebanks... and the King's second round of course is a steal too...

xDD

vanjulio said...

I certainly don't like selling the pick, especially when we don't know the status of Rudy Gay or Brewer yet.

We still have needs in my opinion beyond that. How could selling the pick at this time be our best option? Curious to see what's their plan here. I don't appreciate the business side of things.

J-Bo said...

I agree with you...

I really have no idea what their plans are at this point... but I could anticipate that my next post (the Rudy Gay situation) perhaps will be a little disapointed too...

I see this situation like a win(basketball)-loose(business) or a loose(basketball)-win(business) situation...

We'll see what is the best...

vanjulio said...

reading that Joe Johnson will get a max contract makes me think Rudy could too.