Custom Search

Dec 15, 2009

Building Steam with a Grain of Salt





Celtics got all they could handle in Memphis last night! Grizzlies played at the highest level possible. Celtics showed why they are bonafide, number one team in the league right now. Ray Allen hit a miracle THREE BALL in the last possession to put the game away after pass was tipped by Grizzlies Defense with shot clock at one. That iced it.


There were probably 7 or 8 Grizzlies that played out of their skulls this night. You can't ask for anything more from them. I stop myself just short of declaring this the best Grizzlies team of all time…

Personal aside: watched the game out in a bar in New England with mostly college students focused on MNF instead of the Celtics game. but no one could believe how many fans were shown on television in the Memphis stands wearing Celtics green. Absolutely despicable! I told them I never ONCE met anyone from Boston in my 23 years of living in Memphis. I met someone from Boston in Atlanta but never before that. How can there be literally hundreds of Boston fans in Memphis? That doesn't make any sense. They must be poseurs, and if so, that's most pitiable and dishonorable. I have Celtics jersey but I would not be caught dead wearing it to a Memphis Grizzlies game here or in Boston or anywhere.

1 comment:

J-Bo said...

100% right Van...