Custom Search

Oct 1, 2009

Horror from the North

Scoop Jackson interview with AI


Sounds like AI and Heisley echo each other. Either way they are going to be criticized. Heisley for pushing the moves on his organization, and AI for not living up to his reputation and saving the day for Memphis and for himself.

if we lose games and I score a lot, they going to say I'm scorin' too much. If we lose games and I don't score a lot, they gonna say I'm not scoring enough. It's a lose-lose, unless we win. So all I can do is huddle up with these guys and try to win basketball games.



"It's Personal"


So when I said it's personal, I meant it's not personal to me as far as people saying what they've been saying about me, about me losing a step and this and that. … It's personal on a level to where I can have fun again playing basketball. Not worry about, "Oh, he should start or he shouldn't start," and all of that nonsense. I'm talking about going to practice -- yeah, I said practice (laughs) -- and have fun and come out of practice happy, go to games happy, leave the arena, win or lose, happy. Man, again, I'm 34 years old. I don't want to be going to do what I love to do, and it's hurting me. Like, every time I show up to games, I got an attitude all the time. I don't want that. So when I said it's personal, I mean as far as me wanting to have fun again and have that love for the game all over again.




Grizzly Goals


I'm not coming in here trying to say, "If we go to the playoffs, everybody around [here] is happy, the whole city is happy and everything because we make the playoffs." I'm 14 years in -- this is my 14th year -- I'm not going to be content and happy with just that.

2 comments:

J-Bo said...

Nice picks Vanjulio...

Here in Spain is all about Marc Gasol' shoots...

Zach Randolph is selfish... Gasol will not shoot, Rudy Gay is selfish... Gasol will not shoot, OJ Mayo is selfish... Gasol will not shoot, AI is selfish... Gasol will not shoot, Thabeet is a second pick... Gasol will not play...

Or Zach Randolph loose X weight, Marc Gasol loose X weight, Rudy Gay gain X weight... the world need more blogs like this... (like mine too) xD

vanjulio said...

A fan has got to be excited when there is new blood in training camp and folks are talking about having fun and winning.

I did read the other day about Marc Gasol contra Tibidabo. That's serious!

My only concern for his minutes and shots is the idea of Grizzlies small ball where ZBO plays center.