Custom Search

Mar 23, 2009

March 16, 2009 – Portland Trailblazers at Fedex Forum

  • Attended the Guys and Dolls Bridal Expo before the game. I was fairly let down. My expectations were probably a little too high since I live in one of the top wedding destination spots in one of the most expensive parts of the country. However I've never once been to one of these anywhere outside of Memphis before. Still it was pretty weak overall. We got some great info but I think they had low attendance (duh) and thus lost a lot of inertia going in. I have to give them a shout out though for hooking us up with cheap tickets and even some freebies. Awesome!

  • If we were disappointed by the expo, then the game had very little in the way of consolation prizes in store for us. It was not pretty. I don't want to belabor those points. You can read the full review elsewhere.
  • We met some great people up in section 210. They were just simply krunk. One guy was telling us about musicians called "G-strings". I don't know what in the world he was talking about or what drugs he was in. I guess you had to be there.
  • I was shocked at how many Portland fans there are in Memphis. They are an awful team and they couldn't be further from Memphis. They were not old school fans either. They wore mostly Brandon Roy jerseys. That was baffling to see. I said "man I know you ain't from Portland", and one person just smiled. You must have a low IQ to wear a Brandon Roy jersey to a Memphis Grizzlies game.

How do you let this happen?

No comments: